Listing properties for sale is the backbone of my business, and I take great pride in properly marketing properties for my selling clients. What follows below is my typical marketing plan and the steps I take when listing any property for sale. Contact me today to find out how we can work together to exchange your property for cash!
Marketing Plan for Listing Clients
1. Initial meeting with seller
· Discuss seller expectations and goals.
· Physically view all aspects of the property.
· Discuss the benefits of actively marketing the property with a real estate professional.
· Discuss documents and records seller will need to provide to facilitate sale of the property.
· Explain the need for and collect information to conduct a Competitive Market Analysis.
· Set a second meeting.
2. Listing Appointment
· Discuss CMA and valuation with seller.
· Obtain specific documents and records.
· Take digital photos of the property.
· Explanation of property specific marketing plan.
· Explanation of listing agreement and terms.
· Discuss implications of sale and 1031-tax exchange.
· Signing of all necessary documents.
3. Marketing Period
· Place professionally constructed signage on the property at owner’s discretion.
· Construct a full information packet for distribution to competing brokers and buyers.
· Placement on Multiple Listing Service
· Placement on personal website, clarksvillecommercial.com.
· Placement on Loopnet.com, a worldwide commercial real estate web site.
· Placement on company website.
· Print advertising that targets consumers with commercial real estate interests.
· Mail out to interdepartmental investor, broker and knowledge worker mailing list.
· Email notification to commercial real estate brokers in our network.
· Make all necessary follow-ups to every inquiry.
· Full range of network marketing through professional standards organizations.
4. Negotiation and Closing
· Facilitate all showings of the property.
· Update owner with progress reports and follow-ups.
· Handle all offers on the property.
· Insure contracts are handled in a timely manner.
· Provide owner with network of mortgage bankers, commercial real estate attorneys, tax professionals and accountants.
· Facilitate communication between all parties involved to insure a smooth transaction.